News of Interest
Welcome New Employees…We are delighted to add the following staff to the Dunkelberger Team: Fort Lauderdale office - Luis Borgos (Field Technician); Port St. Lucie office - Jerry Logan (Field Technician); and West Palm Beach office - Ulices Mora (Laboratory Technician).
NASA giving small businesses a boost… NASA's Kennedy Space Center hosted the HUBZone Industry Day and Expo 2012 on October 16th at Port Canaveral, Florida. The annual trade show was sponsored by Kennedy's Prime Contractor Board, the U.S. Air Force 45th Space Wing, and the Canaveral Port Authority. The event featured about 175 large and small businesses, including Dunkelberger, and government exhibitors from Brevard County and across the nation. Vice President Craig Dunkelberger, P.E. (pictured above) and Business Development Coordinator Staci Bolinger attended the event.
Reaching out to the community…Eddie Whitaker, son of Ted Whitaker (Field Technician, WPB office), recently worked on his Eagle Scout Project for the Boy Scouts of America. The 16-year-old member of Troop 215 reached out to the impoverished areas of Lake Worth by collecting non-perishable goods, bibles and gently used clothing (adult and children sizes). His goal was to provide 50 "Care Bags" by the end of November.
Having a ball...The ASCE Palm Beach Branch 2012 Annual Scholarship Bowl-A-Thon was held November 3rd, 2012 at the Greenacres Bowl in Greenacres, Florida. The event is held annually to raise money for Florida Atlantic University's (FAU's) Concrete Canoe Team and to sponsor other community events. The Dunkelberger team, an event sponsor, consisted of Staci Bolinger, Robyn Dunkelberger, and Randall Murphy (pictured above). We didn't win the tournament, but Randall was a lucky winner of two gift cards during the raffle drawing.
Tee time...Dunkelberger Partners Craig Dunkelberger, P.E. and Kevin Aubry, P.E. shook up their daily routine to have a little fun at the D.R. Horton Bi-Annual Vendor Meeting and Golf Outing. Held on November 2nd, 2012, the golfers were treated to the builder's 2013 forecast and info regarding their new communities and growing market share prior to teeing off. The shot gun start was at 1:00 PM at the Heron Bay Golf Club in Coral Springs, Florida.
New Multi-year Contracts
- St. Lucie County - Phase I and II ESAs, Wetland Delineations and Other Biological Monitoring Services
- Manatee County - Geotechnical Engineering, Soils and Materials Testing Services
- FDOT Districts 4 and 6 - Districtwide Materials Testing and Construction Support
- City of West Palm Beach - Geotechnical Design and Materials Testing Services
- Martin County - Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Materials Testing Services
- FDOT District 6 - Districtwide Material Testing/Geotechnical Support (Subcon-sultant to GEOSOL, Inc.)
- South Florida Water Management District - Geotechnical Engineering and Testing Services
- Port Everglades Wetland Enhancement/ Southport Turning Notch Expansion, Broward County, Florida
Client: DeRose Design Consultants, Inc.
Services: Geotechnical Engineering Design and Environmental (Contamination Assessment)
- Southwest Water Reclamation Facility, Manatee County, Florida
Client: Manatee County
Services: Engineering Testing during Construction
- St. Lucie West Boulevard Rehabilitation,
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Client: City of Port St. Lucie
Services: Construction Engineering and Inspection, and Materials Testing
- Short-Term Rehabilitation Center, West Palm Beach, Florida
Client: Morse Life, Inc.
Services: Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Materials Testing
New Project Starts
- Okeelanta and Bryant Mills Facility Improvements, Palm Beach County, Florida
Services: Design Geotechnical Engineering
- 66th Avenue Improvements,
Indian River County, Florida
Services: Construction Materials Testing
- Divine Savior Academy Additions, Doral, Florida
Services: Design Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental (Phase II ESA)
- Runway 9R-27L Expansion, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Broward County, Florida
Services: Geotechnical Consultation Services
- Blue Bell Creameries Distribution Office, Hialeah, Florida
Services: Construction Materials Testing and Threshold Inspection
- Breaking ground at the Treasure Coast Research Park
- Case Study for helical piers in a former oil facility warehouse
- View Previous Articles
- December 2011 - Dunkelberger adds seven new contracts
- May 2011 - Dunkelberger Awarded Biomedical Classroom Inspection
- View Previous Press Releases
|James Jackson, E.I.||